Find out what some of the common terms on the MetaTrader 4 platform mean:
- Balance - This is the value of your account before taking into account any open positions.
- Equity - This is the current value of your account including the value of any open positions. In other words, is your Balance plus/minus any profit/loss.
- Margin - This is the amount of money you need to have, and maintain, in your account to cover any open positions.
- Free Margin - Amount on trading account that is available for trading. In other words, is the difference between your Equity and any profit/loss.
- Margin Level - Indicates the health of your account. It is the ratio of Equity to Margin, calculated by the following formula: ( Equity / Margin ) x 100 = Margin Level. It is indicated in %.